California introduced the most recent knowledge exhibiting the state’s accelerating transition to zero-emission automobiles (ZEVs) and ZEV market dominance — 18.8% of all new automobiles offered final yr in California have been ZEVs and 40% of ZEVs offered within the U.S. are offered in California.
“California continues to guide the zero-emission car revolution with groundbreaking insurance policies and investments that drive innovation, create good jobs and broaden ZEV entry and affordability throughout the state,” mentioned Governor Gavin Newsom. “Conserving our concentrate on the communities which can be most impacted by the intensifying local weather disaster, we’ll hold pushing forward to make our clear transportation future a actuality in California.”
- 18.8% of all new automobiles offered final yr in California have been ZEVs, in line with the California Vitality Fee.
- ZEV gross sales are up 38% from 2021 and 138% from 2020.
- Compared, the most recent estimates present ZEV gross sales have been 5.8% of all U.S. automobile gross sales in 2022.
- 345,818 ZEV gross sales in California in 2022.
- 1,399,913 cumulative ZEV gross sales in California.
- 40% of ZEVs offered within the U.S. are offered in California, based mostly on estimates from Veloz.
- 80,027 shared electrical car chargers put in in California (each public and shared non-public).
- As much as $9,500 in grants & rebates out there for low-income Californians (study extra right here).
State Actions to Assist the ZEV Market
Final month, the California Vitality Fee permitted a $2.9 billion funding plan that accelerates California’s 2025 electrical car charging and hydrogen refueling targets. In November, the California Air Assets Board permitted a $2.6 billion funding plan to assist a variety of ZEV tasks, with 70% of the funds directed to deprived and low-income communities — the state’s largest-ever funding within the equitable growth of unpolluted transportation.
As well as, California expects to obtain $384 million of federal funding from the Nationwide Electrical Car Infrastructure Program to put in charging stations all through the state.
The success of the state’s packages has led to ZEVs turning into a prime export and has spurred main advances in manufacturing and job creation. California is dwelling to 55 ZEV and ZEV-related producers and leads the nation in ZEV manufacturing jobs.
Courtesy of Workplace of the Governor of California.
Associated Story: $2.9 Billion Accredited For CA Zero-Emission Automobiles Infrastructure
Respect CleanTechnica’s originality and cleantech information protection? Take into account turning into a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, or Ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, need to promote, or need to counsel a visitor for our CleanTech Discuss podcast? Contact us right here.