We’re excited to announce the launch of textual content containers in Amazon QuickSight. Now you’ll be able to add textual content for frequent use instances, together with however not restricted to titles, subtitles, annotations, including extra data for KPIs and so forth has been simplified than ever earlier than with the brand new textual content field. You may reposition, resize, and make your textual content stand out with numerous wealthy textual content formatting choices like font styling, textual content alignment, and textual content field styling. You may as well add dynamic textual content values with the assistance of user-defined parameters and system-defined parameters like date and web page quantity.
On this publish, we discover the brand new textual content field function and its advantages.
The brand new textual content field function could really feel like an overlap with narrative perception capabilities, which is targeted on advance use instances the place a textual content field is light-weight, centered on simplified textual content material, and doesn’t want any knowledge task. You may add textual content containers with out being restricted by the overall visible restrict as a result of it’s not counted in the direction of the sheet visible restrict.
You are able to do the next with a textual content field in QuickSight:
- Add freehand textual content and show dynamic textual content values with the assistance of parameters
- Help reporting use instances with system-defined parameters like date and web page depend
- Carry out wealthy textual content enhancing with font styling choices, alignment choices, and bulleting
- Add a picture to your textual content field, comparable to displaying your organization emblem with the evaluation title textual content
- Hyperlink your textual content to navigate to a distinct sheet or exterior URLs
- Model your textual content field with background coloration and border styling choices
Add a textual content field to an evaluation sheet
- So as to add a textual content field to your evaluation, you’ll be able to both select Add on the drop-down menu or select the textual content field icon from the visible selector. Notice that not like different visuals, you’ll be able to’t convert a textual content field to a different visible, or vice versa.
- You now have an empty textual content field on the sheet. To place the textual content field, choose the field and drag it from the borders. To resize the textual content field, choose and drag any of the define handles.
- Now you’ll be able to add textual content and format it through the use of the assorted formatting choices, comparable to:
- Font styling, together with font model, coloration, and dimension
- Typographical emphasis, comparable to daring, italics, underline, and strikethrough
- Alignment choices and bulleting
- You may hyperlink textual content or add a static or dynamic URL by selecting the URL icon.
- Identical to including parameters to titles and subtitles, you’ll be able to show parameter values in a textual content field as nicely. Select from an inventory of parameters accessible within the evaluation from the parameter drop-down menu.
- Together with textual content, you’ll be able to add photos as nicely contained in the textual content field by clicking the picture icon.
- Aside from textual content formatting you can even format background and border coloration.
While you’ve completed enhancing the textual content field, click on on the clean area on the sheet.
Add a textual content field to a reporting sheet
Though the steps so as to add a textual content field to a reporting sheet stay the identical as that of an evaluation sheet, you could have two new system parameter choices whereas including the textual content field to the header or footer of your reporting sheet:
- Date parameter – Add the print date and time to your report by selecting the date parameter (
AWS:printTime) and choosing from an inventory of date codecs. In case your group makes use of a distinct date format, you’ll be able to customise it by selecting the added date and choosing from the checklist of supported date codecs.
- Web page parameter – Show the present web page quantity (
AWS:pageNumber), whole variety of pages (
AWS:pageCount), or a mix of each by selecting the web page parameter.
On this publish, we checked out how the brand new textual content field function in QuickSight offers a good way so as to add textual content and format it with wealthy textual content capabilities and supply parameter help, URLs, and pictures. The brand new textual content field is now usually accessible in all supported QuickSight Areas.
Give the textual content field a attempt to tell us about your expertise within the feedback part.
In regards to the writer
Bhupinder Chadha is a senior product supervisor for Amazon QuickSight centered on visualization and entrance finish experiences. He’s obsessed with BI, knowledge visualization and low-code/no-code experiences. Previous to QuickSight he was the lead product supervisor for Inforiver, accountable for constructing a enterprise BI product from floor up. Bhupinder began his profession in presales, adopted by a small gig in consulting after which PM for xViz, an add on visualization product.